Early attempts at curling in Morrisburg took place on the St. Lawrence River east of Lock 23. Curlers soon sought better ice and began renting from the Morrisburg Skating Rink. To escape the annoyance of impish skaters darting across the sheet while games were in progress, the club began planning for their own permanent facility. Construction began in the fall of 1906 on a site facing Colin Street and running south to Henry Street. The total cost of construction was eight hundred and seventy eight dollars and a set of curling irons was purchased for seventy two dollars.
The building pictured above, built on Henry Street in 1938, housed a two sheet ice surface. After its construction, membership flourished, quickly growing to one hundred and sixty.
Our current site on Ontario Street was constructed in 1957. The building and ice facility is maintained and continually upgraded by a viable and dedicated membership.